Spooky season is among us, and our doggos deserve to celebrate Halloween, just like us! What better way to celebrate than to spice up your dog’s kibble with your leftover pumpkin puree! Did you know that pumpkin is amazing for your dog? Here are 10 reasons why pumpkin is a great addition to your dog’s bowl :
- Pumpkin is high in essential vitamins and minerals and low on calories.
- Pumpkins contain lots of vitamin A which is great for eye health.
- Pumpkin can boost your dog’s immune system because it is filled with vitamin C.
- Pumpkin is a great moisturizer for your dog’s skin and coat!
- Pumpkin flesh is filled with omega-3 which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pumpkins' best characteristic is that it regulates the digestive system!
- Pumpkin has high amounts of an amino acid cucurbitacin, which is actually toxic to many common dog parasites and has been used to expel worms in ruminating animals.
- Pumpkin can also be a great additive if your dog needs to lose a few pounds.
- Pumpkin naturally adds more water to your dog’s diet and helps him stay hydrated.
- Pumpkins taste great to dogs and can help any picky eater lick the bottom of his bowl!
We have great news! You can find your dog’s dose of pumpkin directly in our pumpkin and carrot cricket training treats! These treats are amazingly easy to digest. These pea-size, tasty, low fat, and easy to digest treats make for an ideal training reward for dogs. We use cricket powder, which boasts 2x more protein than beef, more calcium than milk, contains all 9 essential amino acids, and has more iron than spinach - a lot of “punch” in a little package!
A treat a day keeps the vet away ;) To learn more about our healthy and made with wholesome ingredients treats, click here! We have a lot more to show you!